Tech Tuesdays on Empty Streets: Sony Ericsson W960 and Xperia X1

Posted 6:30 AM by Mezhal Ulao in Labels: ,
It is christmas time and I have been contemplating on what gadget to make an investment on and quite frankly I have been Sony Ericsson's Latest Phones - W960 and Xperia X1.

I'd like to talk about the one currently available in the Philippines since the start of this year which is the Sony Ericsson W960

This phone is quite fully packed and has been said to rival the IPhone released by Mac and first glance it does have a lot of features that is similar to that of the phone it is contending. It has a lot of factors though that make it stand out and basically you'd be caught by surprise as to how cheap this phone is compared to that of the newly released IPhone. Touch Screen, WIFI, Bluetooth all of which makes data transfer a breeze. In terms of sound quality it has Sony Walkman to back it up and a pretty cool auto focus 3.2 Megapixel camera and video makes cutting edge in terms of phones as a multi purpose machine. In terms of style and overall feel and look we'd give it an 8 as it definitely draws attention once someone whips it out. Overall we'd rate it an 8.5.

Here is a commercial to help you see for yourself what this little phone has to offer.


This is a phone that I still have to wait for but based on what I have seen in reviews and commercials made by Sony Ericsson, this is one phone to reckon with. Loaded with features such as full touch screen usage and a Qwerty Keyboard to text with is rather quite appealing. Horizontal web page viewing and interactive touch screen saver makes me shudder in excitement to actually get my hands on it and try it out as soon as it hits the market. What made my jaw drop in amazement though was the touch screen autofocus selection function that allows you to choose what object your phone is going to focus on (Macro shot functionality is off the scale) before you even take the shot. Unfortunately the down side to this new phone is it isnt available here as of yet and I am sure based on the way it was presented it may come with a hefty price tag as well. So for now a modest 8 is what we would rate this particular gadget overall.

Here is a commercial that demonstrates how amazing this phone is - It is surreal:


As to which phone to ask Santa Clause this Xmas - I still cant decide but like every kid in the world needs to do is to make up our mind before Mr Santa gets on his sleigh. :) till the next article xoxo

Help end world hunger


18 comment(s) to... “Tech Tuesdays on Empty Streets: Sony Ericsson W960 and Xperia X1”

18 comments:

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

chop!



Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

yay!!! finally i am the FC at metz!! woohoo!! metz, watch me dance!! yahooo!!! :))



Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

looks cool, metz! thanks for introducing this gadget to me. :)



Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

congratulations!! you've just been awarded! :)



Ambo said...

Wow ang ganda! Sana me magregalo sa kin ng ganyan ngayong pasko! hahaha. Merry Christmas brother!



XanFactor said...

my family have always been ericsson fan... the name of the game is durability... i have issues with the camera though...

hmmmm... how's teh camera on those 2?



Empty Streets said...

Hi Jean,

wow an award for me??? hehehe and yes you got to be our first commenter today yayyyy :) hehehe and just because of your exuberance will be featuring something special for you within the week ;) hehehe



Empty Streets said...

Hi Ambo,

hehehe Am still in the process of praying hard and being nice and hopefully daddy Santa gives me something special this xmas hehehe :)



Empty Streets said...

Hi Xanfactor,

am glad to hear that you like this brand too :) as for the camera - wickedly amazing is all I can say - though it is still a bit far off as compared to the Regular 10 Megapixel cameras in comparison but great everyday pictures nonetheless. :)



Mizé said...

Hi Metz.
Great Christma gifts, I wouldn´t mind having one, lol.
Sorry I´m not returning drops with my food blog and Countryhome. I´m having a PC problem. I´m doing drops with IE and it takes forever, uffa!
So, this way I can only assure my two other blog´s drops.
Thanks for understanding...
xx



EastCoastLife said...

My son has got his Sony Ericsson phone. :)

Wow! I'm not so informed about cell phones but this seems good. Where did my son get his info? :)



bloggista said...

Hi Metz! I just love this gadget! OMG! :-) Hehe, I plan to buy some gadgets this month, once my adsense earnings is paid by Uncle Google.

But if you are having a hard time thinking what to give to me this Christmas, worry no more my friend. I will help you - this one is definitely "just alright" with me. Hehe



bloggista said...

Ohh, by the way, you won a Domain - so let me know what domain name you want me to buy for you, since you are a very special friend, I will host it in one of my hosting accounts, and will install your wordpress blog with plugins.

Hey Snow, where are you, I guess I can do that for you too. :-)



Mariuca said...

Hey Metz! I got a Sony Ericsson for B once, but it wasn't too user-friendly, so we sold it to someone! Maybe I should give Sony another chance, this one sure looks cool! :):):)



iWalk said...

Since Steve Jobs announced the "iPhone" at MacWorld early last year, iPhone became my favorite. :)



Empty Streets said...

HI ECL,

The best place to get information on the upcoming phones is to check out www.gsmarena.com :)

HI Mize,

No issues about the dropping thing dear just love it everytime you are here on empty streets even that is more than enough :) xoxo

Hi B,

wahhhhhh i was the one asking for this as a xmas gift heheehe :) as for the domain hmmm i still havent decided if I wanted to move. So many things to think about afterwards heheehe :)



Empty Streets said...

Hi Marzie,

I have to admit that it is true that there are several sony ericsson phones that are a bit of a pain to use but these babies are toys that one would love to learn to play with heheehe and I just wish i can get one like this for xmas soon hehehe :)

Hi iWalk,

I just saw you are in tibet again that is so cool. :) I also have to agree with you that iPhones do have a huge advantage since it is backed by mac and steve jobs but in all totality am still a regular kind of guy hehehe and am happy with more functionalities than i could possibly need hehehe :)



dolla77 said...

Brand new Mobile phone Plasma tv , Laptop game at cheap price come with complete accessories with one year international warranty.

Email address : xperiax1sales_005@hotmail.com

NINTENDO WII…….$250USD
NOKIA N95 8GB….$400USD
IPHONE 16GB……$350USD
iPHONE 8GB……..$300USD
IPOD 32GB………$350USD
NOKIA N96………$500USD
PS3 60GB……….$300USD
SAMSUNG SGH-U900………..$350USD
SONY ERICSSON XPERIA X1…….$450USD

AND MANY MORE…………

FULL SPECIFICATION FOR XPERIA X1

General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 / 1700

Announced 2008, February

Size Dimensions 110 x 53 x 16.7 mm

Weight 145 g

Display Type TFT touchscreen, 65K colors

Size 800 x 480 pixels, 3 inches
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Optical joystick navigation

Ringtones Type Polyphonic, MP3
Customization Composer, download

Vibration Yes

Memory Phonebook 1000 x 20 fields, Photo call

Call records 30 received, dialed and missed calls
Card slot microSD (TransFlash)
- 400 MB internal memory
- 128MB RAM, 256MB storage memory
- Qualcomm MSM7200 528MHz processor

Data GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
HSCSD No
EDGE Yes
3G HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11b/g

Bluetooth Yes, v2.0 with A2DP

Infrared port No
USB Yes, v2.0

Features OS Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional
Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging
Browser WAP 2.0/HTML (IE), RSS feeds
Games Yes + downloadable

Colors Solid Black, Steel Silver

Camera 3.15 MP, 2048×1536 pixels, autofocus, video(VGA@30fps),
flash; secondary videocall camera
- Built-in GPS receiver
- A-GPS function
- Java MIDP 2.0
- FM radio with RDS
- MP3/AAC/MPEG4 player
- Motion sensor (with UI auto-rotate)
- TrackID music recognition
- Picture editor/blogging
- Organiser
- T9
- Built-in handsfree
- Voice memo/dial

Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion, 1500 mAh

WE MAKE SHIPPMENT VIA UPS OR FEDEX EXPRESS OR DHL EXPRESS IN 2 DAYS AFTER CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT………

Email address : xperiax1sales_005@hotmail.com



Post a Comment

Your comment is what keeps me going :)

Ratified.org Philippines
Page Ranking ToolSubmit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Share on Facebook Personal - Top Blogs Philippines LinkX Web Directory
Related Posts with Thumbnails