Food Fridays on Empty Streets: Pesto Sandwich

Posted 9:44 AM by Mezhal Ulao in Labels: , ,

I Just had my favorite Pesto sandwich from Le Cour De France the other day and decided to share with you how this delicious sandwich can also be made at home and of course a lot cheaper.

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons prepared basil pesto sauce
  • 2 slices sourdough bread, lightly toasted
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 slice provolone cheese
  • 1/4 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
  • 1 lettuce leaf
  • 2 slices tomato
Procedure:
Spread a thin layer of pesto sauce onto one side of one piece of bread. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise onto one side of the other piece of bread. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the pesto and mayonnaise. Layer the provolone and mozzarella cheese onto one slice, top with lettuce and tomato, and the other slice of bread.

Now I know that for a lot of us Pesto can be a bit pricey to obtain fresh and personally I use the one from McCormick but for those of our that would prefer to try to make the pesto on their own here is a video tutorial on how to make your own delicious Pesto:

Pesto - Awesome video clips here
Photobucket
Free Rice


6 comment(s) to... “Food Fridays on Empty Streets: Pesto Sandwich”

6 comments:

Snow said...

i've always love pesto...yum..yum...hey, have you tried the pesto spaghetti at old spaghetti house? the food is super yummy too. :)



Crissy said...

This one is yummy.. Like the cheese and veggies.. So healthy.. ;)



iWalk said...

Sorry for the late coming, I didn’t have time online these days.

But I am so lucky to Pesto Sandwich, It's also my favorite!

Yeah, I should try it myself! Thanks for the tips Metz!



Empty Streets said...

Hi Snow,

Yayy am so happy that you liked this recipe. As for the Pesto of the Old Spaghetti house, I definitely have and you are absolutely correct it is delish :) Thanks for dropping by always snow. xoxo



Empty Streets said...

Hi Crissy,

I am so happy that you liked this recipe too. It is what I had to do to lessen the fat going to my belly hehehe. I also had to make sure it was tasty. This way I get to show the world that one doesnt have to sacrifice taste for healthy snacks :)



Empty Streets said...

Hi iWalk,

Am so glad you got the chance to drop by and grab a Pesto Sandwich eheheh. Hope this recipe is easy to follow for yah to do on your own ;) Always a pleasure to see you around here. xoxo



Post a Comment

Your comment is what keeps me going :)

Ratified.org Philippines
Page Ranking ToolSubmit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Share on Facebook Personal - Top Blogs Philippines LinkX Web Directory
Related Posts with Thumbnails