Music Monday on Empty Streets: Madonna

Posted 4:30 AM by Mezhal Ulao in Labels: ,

I am back and am ready to mingle again right after the holidays have ended and there is no better way to start than to start with a song from last year's highest earning female singer. Guinness World Records list her as the world's most successful female recording artist of all time and the top-earning female singer in the world with an estimated net worth of US$490 million, having sold over 200 million records worldwide. Can you think of ways on how to spend that much in a lifetime?

Madonna hasn't earned that overnight though. You have got to acknowledge how much she has transformed and adopted to the changes of the times. Decade after decade she has redefined music is so many different ways and has influenced so many artists from those in the past to the present and it is no doubt that Madonna is going to be doing more in the future.

Here's other fun facts about the phenomenal artist known to everyone as Madonna:

Madonna Louise Ciccone Ritchie (born August 16, 1958), known as Madonna, is an American recording artist and entertainer. Born in Bay City, Michigan and raised in Rochester Hills, Michigan, Madonna moved to New York City for a career in modern dance. After performing as member of the pop musical groups Breakfast Club and Emmy, she released her self-titled debut album in 1983, and then produced three consecutive number-one studio albums on the Billboard 200 in the 1980s and four more since year 2000.

And for your viewing and listening pleasure here is a Playlist of your Favorite Madonna songs

Photobucket
Free Rice

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. One simple rule, leave ONLY the actual post link here. You can grab this code at LJL Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted.






13 comment(s) to... “Music Monday on Empty Streets: Madonna”

13 comments:

Laura - Whateverebay said...

A great video. I cannot think of any two songs I dislike. she is a legend. :) Thanks for sharing this video.



Empty Streets said...

Hi Laura,

I am so happy that you love this article :) awww and you are the first commenter this year yayyyy :) Please leave me an artist that you wish for me to feature and I shall be more than happy to feature them and you together by next music monday :)



bonoriau said...

She is one of the GREAT singer and creative..Happy new year



crissy said...

Welcome back and happy 2009! She's such a great singer with a kind heart. Hope I can borrow money from her? =))



LadyJava said...

She's a great icon of our time.. thanks for sharing Metz..

Glad to see you are blogging again..we missed you!



Rozella said...

What can anyone say about Madonna? She's a legend. She's innovative and talented and I just love the way she changes her image over and over again. Who doesn't love her? She's awesome! :)



Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

nice pick, metz! I love madonna too!! :)



Mariuca said...

Hi Metz, I have a tag for you at Wishing on a Falling Star, have a great day! :)



Mizé said...

Hi Metz.
Thanks for your New Year´s votes. May 2009 be very prosperous!
I read your previous posts and knew you were busy with your work.

About MM:
Ah! Madona :)
In my teens, in my hometown, there was the Madona´ fans (dressing and everything) and Cure´ fans.
We "hated each other", for being so pathetic. I was more in the second group :) but we were all so silly, lol.
She recently played in Portugal, her concert was a blast. She´s a great professional, has a very good team and makes great shows.
I already found myself banging my head while hearing her recent musics, if my Cure friends could see me know, lol.
Happy Tuesday xx



Mizé said...

By the way...Congrats on your new PR!
I had luck this round too.
Cheers.



Mizé said...

Just one more tiny thing:
I´ve been very lazy returning drops with Portuguese Menu and My Countryhome blogs. It´s been very difficult to manage everything so I decided to take a break from dropping with that accounts. Just wanted to let you know.
Cheers.



Empty Streets said...

Hi Guys,

aww I missed all of you so much :) am glad that all of us got a great new year gift from Google with our PR rankings and well deserved since all of us worked so hard to get it :)

Marzie,

Aww you have a cool tag for me again hehehe I love it :) definitely zipping through your streets in a jiffy :)

Hi Jean and LJ,

Aww am so happy that you guys loved the madonna selection more to come - You can make requests for next weeks selection as am your Music Monday DJ ;) hehehe :)

Hi Rozella,

first of welcome to Empty Streets :)I am so glad you loved this selection :) hope it keeps yah coming back for more :)

Bono and Crissy,

am so happy to have you guys back here again and on new year :) may you all have a prosperous year ahead as well :)

Mize,

I know how tough it can be to maintain several blogs hehehe. No pressure really dear just dont loose track of where you are going and keep that writing talent of yours flowing :)



iWalk said...

I love her "don't cry for me Argentina" very much!



Post a Comment

Your comment is what keeps me going :)

Ratified.org Philippines
Page Ranking ToolSubmit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Share on Facebook Personal - Top Blogs Philippines LinkX Web Directory
Related Posts with Thumbnails