Posted 2:20 AM by Mezhal Ulao in Labels: Food, How To, Recipe
It is the time of the season to get our hearts out and melted and nothing melts it faster than a whole lot of sweet goodness. I believe that a home made dessert is the best way to go as you are able to put into your dish a whole lot more than sugar. :) So let me teach you how to make this delicious Red Velvet Delight.
- 12 tablespoons butter, 1 1/2 sticks
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons red gel food coloring plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cooked Frosting
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously grease and flour 3 8-inch round layer cake pans or 2 9-inch cake pans.
- Cake: Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat 1 minute longer. Beat in vanilla until blended. Combine cocoa, food coloring, and 2 tablespoons water; beat into the egg creamed mixture. Combine flour and salt. Alternate adding flour and buttermilk mixtures to the batter, beating on low to medium speed. Combine soda and vinegar in cup and add to cake batter. Spoon batter evenly into the 3 cake pans; bake at 350° for 22 to 28 minutes. Cool on cake racks. Remove from pans and frost tops and sides.
- Frosting: In a saucepan, whisk together the 1/3 cup flour and milk and cook, stirring, until thickened; cool in the refrigerator. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla with mixer. Add flour and milk mixture a little at a time (make ahead of cake so that it has plenty of time to cool). Beat well, adding milk or cream as needed. Frost layers, sides, and top of cake.
Cooking @ DISH - Red Velvet Cupcakes - The most amazing home videos are here
Hope you found this article fun and more importantly hope you get to make it for that special someone this Season of Love - Happy Valentines everyone :)