Posted 8:23 AM by Mezhal Ulao in Labels: Fun Stuff, wellness
I have been feeling down for a long time since the last few days of Easter that I had to find ways to bring my world around. I tried listening to music, such as those my Mary Mary (shackles), looked for a new gadget such as Archos 7, and today I spent the whole day with my friends in the office laughing and making jokes left and right. It was just a whole day of laughing and it was the kind of laughing that we ended up gasping for breath and on the brink of tears. I had never laughed like that for a very long time, it was a sensation that left me feeling so light headed and to be honest stronger and more self assured of myself than I had ever been. So for today I decided to help others out by first enumerating the benefits of laughter along with a video presentation by notable experts to back up the benefits enumerated and topping it off with a great comedian so that you too can enjoy a bit of laughter as well ;)
The many benefits of laughter
1. When you make fun of yourself, you disempower those who would make fun of you and disarm possible confrontations.
2. Laughter dissolves tension, stress, anxiety, irritation, anger, grief, and depression. Like crying, laughter lowers inhibitions, allowing the release of pent-up emotions. After a hearty bout of laughter, you will experience a sense of well-being. Simply put, he who laughs, lasts. After all, if you can laugh at it, you can live with it. Remember, a person without a sense of humor is like a car without shock absorbers.
3. Medical researches have found that laughter boosts the immune system. The study of how behavior and the brain affect the immune system is called psychoneuroimmunology. Though still in its infancy, this science is rapidly gaining much attention as mankind strives to understand the mind-body relationship.
4. Laughter reduces pain by releasing endorphins that are more potent than equivalent amounts of morphine.
5. Humor helps integrate both hemispheres of our brain, for the left hemisphere is used to decipher the verbal content of a joke while the right hemisphere interprets whether it is funny or not.
6. Laughter adds spice to life; it is to life what salt is to a hard-boiled egg.
7. Develop your sense of humor and you will find you are more productive, a better communicator, and a superior team player.
8. Everyone loves someone who can make them laugh. The more you share your sense of humor, the more friends you will have.
9. Humor brings the balance we need to get through the turbulence of life comfortably.
10. Laughter is even equivalent to a small amount of exercise. It massages all the organs of the body, according to Dr. James Walsh.
11. A sense of humor can help you accept the inevitable, rise to any challenge, handle the unexpected with ease, and come out of any difficulty smiling.
Here is the video on why laughing is definitely a good thing:
And as promised here is Russel Peters to bring yah a bit of laughter, but be warned I was laughing nonstop with this video :)