Posted 9:28 PM by Mezhal Ulao in Labels: Dessert, Food, How To, Recipe
Another favorite summer recipe for me is the local Halo Halo. So for today here is how one can make their on Halo Halo :)
* Pinoy Halo halo 1 ripe large banana
* 2 ripe mangoes or 1 cup canned ripe mango
* 1 cup firm gelatin set into gel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
* 1 cup canned ripe jackfruit
* 1/2 cup sweet corn or chick peas (garbanzos)
* 1 cup young shredded coconut, fresh or canned
* 1 cup cooked sweet yams or (ube halaya) glutinous purple yam, cut into 1-inch cubes
* 2 cup shaved ice
* 2 cup milk
* 4 scoops of favorite ice cream
* 1/2 cup chopped peanuts or rice krispies
* Pinoy Halo halo IngredientsPeel mangoes and slice the meat into 1/2-inch cubes. Discard the seeds.
* Prepare 4 tall glasses. Divide each ingredient into 4 equal parts.
* In each glass place 1/4 of each ingredient, adding layer by layer starting with corn or chick peas, cooked sweet yams, jackfruit, bananas, coconut, and gelatin.
* Top with 1/2 cup shaved ice.
* Pour 1/4 cup milk over shaved ice and top with a scoop of ice cream.
* Sprinkle nuts or rice krispies over it.
Enjoy :) xoxo