Posted 5:20 AM by Mezhal Ulao in Labels: Dessert, Food, Recipe
Who hasn't heard of the popular dessert Tiramisu. Most of us end up ordering this tasty treat from the bake shop or from our favorite coffee shops but what most people don't know is that this dish is actually very easy to make and thus just as enjoyable to eat :)
Here is how:
* 6 extra-large egg yolks, at room temperature
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup good dark rum, divided
* 1 1/2 cups brewed espresso, divided
* 16 to 17 ounces mascarpone cheese (regular cream cheese can be substituted)
* 30 Italian ladyfingers
* Bittersweet chocolate, shaved or grated
* Confectioners' sugar
1. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment on high speed for about 5 minutes, or until very thick and light yellow. Lower the speed to medium and add 1/4 cup rum, 1/4 cup espresso, and the mascarpone. Whisk until smooth.
2. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup rum and 1 1/4 cups espresso in a shallow bowl. Dip 1 side of each ladyfinger in the espresso/rum mixture and line the bottom of a 9 by 12 by 2-inch dish. Pour half the espresso cream mixture evenly on top. Dip 1 side of the remaining ladyfingers in the espresso/rum mixture and place them in a second layer in the dish. Pour the rest of the espresso cream over the top. Smooth the top and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
3. Before serving, sprinkle the top with shaved chocolate and dust lightly with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Here is another version of this wonderfully delish dish in video format for you to follow and enjoy: