Empty Streets Special: Entrecard Under New Managerment

Posted 10:41 AM by Mezhal Ulao in Labels: ,
Entrecard sent all the members an email notification that tackles the topic mentioned above. This is what the email said:

Dear Entrecarders,

It is with great excitement that I announce Entrecard.com, Inc. has
been Acquired by ZipRunner Inc.

ZipRunner has the resources, vision, and dedication to Entrecard that
will allow it to grow in pursuit of the vision I laid out nearly two
years ago.

Moving forward, my relationship to Entrecard will be that of an
advisor, and I will help the good folks at ZipRunner take the whole
project to the next level.

ZipRunner Inc. was chosen out of a number of potential suitors because
of the resources they can dedicate to the project, their exciting
vision for the company’s future, and their understanding of social
media and the blogosphere.

I urge you all to look forward to a bigger, better Entrecard, and I
couldn’t be more proud to bring it to this point before passing the
torch. I’ve heard first hand all the great things that are in store
for the company and it’s members, and needless to say it has me quite
excited.

If you would like to keep in touch with me in the future, you can
find me at my new blog Ontrapranore.com where I look forward to
sharing my stories of entrepreneurship and starting/running internet
companies.

Whether you love or hate the decisions I’ve made for Entrecard in the
past, I always did the best I could to move the company forward given
the resources I had, and I always had the best interest of the members
in mind. Now, with new management and ownership stepping in, I urge
anyone who has left the service to give it another chance, and I urge
those who have been loyal members for days, weeks, months, or years to
look forward to a brighter future, a reliable and stable service, and
great new features and strategic direction.

Signing Off,

Graham Langdon
Founder of Entrecard
Ontrapranore


This has been quite a surprise to a lot of people since we had gotten word that Graham was very passionate at keeping Entrecard going and was no longer selling it. How this is going to look for us the members moving forward may be anyone's guess but I have to admit it would be a bit strange and eerie for many that have been here with Graham since the beginning and have felt how much heart and soul he has put into this organization. It was through Entrecard that many of us bloggers have found a way to converge, meet, and build friendships from across the globe in a highly innovative manner. Many also owe to this site their rankings and stats and much more. Looking forward to what is to come but feeling sad that Graham is not going to be around much is what may cause a stir of mixed emotions amongst us all. But our prayers to Graham today as I am sure this was the toughest thing he could have ever decided on doing. This was his baby and now it has finally grown up.

Graham if ever you do end up reading this article - Keep smiling always :) xoxo

For all of us members of Entrecard, I think we should all share what we feel and speak our mind with him over at his new site. I am pretty sure that he would want to hear from all of us. :)
Bookmark and Share
Photobucket
Free Rice


6 comment(s) to... “Empty Streets Special: Entrecard Under New Managerment”

6 comments:

redkathy said...

Hey I too am wondering what's to come... You are correct in saying we received help with traffic and page rank via EC. I have been very happy with everything. I thought it a bit selfish that others were complaining about how a "free service" was being run. Maybe it was way too much for the owner to afford/handle thus the sale?



Kraye Osiris said...

I hope I can see some improvements under this new management :D



Empty Streets said...

Hi Kraye,

Yup that is something that we are all expecting. Crossing fingers on that for now :)



Empty Streets said...

Hi Redkathy,

I couldnt have said it any better. I really felt sad that he had let his baby go. It is a genius of an organization that he has made. What will happen from this point on is anyone's guess.



Jane Jane said...

Entrecard is a good venue for bloggers to gain significant amount of traffic. The only prob is the bounce rate. Hope with the new management, they would come up with a better way to help site owners boost their "visitors."



Empty Streets said...

Hi Jane Jane,

that is something that we are hoping for moving forward :) Let us keep our fingers crossed :) xoxo



Post a Comment

Your comment is what keeps me going :)

Ratified.org Philippines
Page Ranking ToolSubmit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Share on Facebook Personal - Top Blogs Philippines LinkX Web Directory
Related Posts with Thumbnails