Food Friday on Empty Streets: Tuna Sisig

Posted 7:09 AM by Mezhal Ulao in Labels: , , ,
One of my favorite meals to prepare and serve to my family and friends is Tuna Sisig. It is very easy to prepare and all it takes is a few minutes to cook.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoon cooking oil
1 cup tuna, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
2 tablespoon Barbecue Marinade
Juice from 6 pcs. of calamansi (lemon juice can be used as a substitute)
1 piece white onion, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Hot Pepper sauce

Procedure:
1. Marinate tuna in Barbecue Marinade for 5-15 minutes.

2. Pan-fry the tuna for 3-5 minutes on each side.

3. Remove from pan and cut into bite size pieces.

4. Place cut up tuna in hot sizzling plate.

5. Pour calamansi juice (can be substituted with lemon juice) and chopped onions over the tuna.

6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.

7. Serve with Hot Pepper Sauce to add spice.

Here is a video of how to make the best rice partner for Tuna Sisig:


Bookmark and Share
Photobucket
Free Rice


5 comment(s) to... “Food Friday on Empty Streets: Tuna Sisig”

5 comments:

Reema said...

WOOOOOW!!! Sisig is one of our favorite dishes!!! I want... =(
I'll eat sisig for lunch tom. hehe. >.<



Liza said...

Yummy!

Btw, I also tagged you. You can find it here . Do drop by when you have the time. Thanks!



Empty Streets said...

Hi Reema,

hehe yup it is a favorite dish here with my family too :) I think filipino dishes are awesome and quite easy to prepare :)



Empty Streets said...

Hi Liza,

yayy am so happy that you liked the recipe, and a tag for me too heheh I love it, will be zipping through in a bit ;)



Mizé said...

Never tried Tuna this way but it looks a real specialty. I cook garlic rice many times, it´s my favorite way. It goes well with anything and it´s even better the next day.
I will try this tuna recipe next time I buy it fresh from the market.
Hugs, Mizé



Post a Comment

Your comment is what keeps me going :)

Ratified.org Philippines
Page Ranking ToolSubmit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Share on Facebook Personal - Top Blogs Philippines LinkX Web Directory
Related Posts with Thumbnails