Posted 7:55 AM by Mezhal Ulao in Labels: Dessert, Food, How To, Recipe
Angel cakes is one of my favorite pastries to make especially when am in a hurry for a sugar rush but I want something with a little class. It is also one of the things I love to grab from the mall just in case I need to prepare a birthday cake for a certain niece that has been begging for a cake on a daily basis and eventually spoiling them a bit :)
Here is an easy to follow recipe for making Angel Cakes using Betty Crockers Products :)
* 1 package Betty Crocker 1 step white angel food cake mix
* 1 1/4 cups cold water
* 3 reduced-fat chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
* 1 container of Betty Crocker fluffy white icing
* 6 reduced fat chocolate sandwich cookies, cut in half
1. Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 350.
2. Beat cake mix and cold tap water in large(4- quart) glass or metal bowl on low speed 30 seconds.
3. Then beat on medium speed 1 minute.
4. Carefully fold crushed cookies into batter.
5. Pour into ungreased angel food (tube) pan or into 2 9" loaf pans.
6. Gently cut through batter in pan using metal spatula or knife.
7. Bake 37 to 47 minutes or until top is dark golden brown and cracks feel very dry and not sticky. Do not under bake.
8. Immediately turn pan upside down onto glass bottle or rest edges on 2 - 4 cans of equal height or if you use loaf pans turn on side on heat resistant surface.
9. Let stand 2 hours or until completely cool.
10. Remove from pan by going around edge with knife and then using fingers, taking care not to tear cake (cake will spring back to original shape).
11. Turn pan over & gently shake to remove cake.
12. Frost cake and garnish with cookie halves.
13. (If you use loaf pans, spread a thin layer of icing on top of first layer, and then place second layer on top. Icing sides first and then the top.
And for those that need a visual guide for this recipe here is an alternative way to cook this heavenly dish :)