Food Friday on Empty Streets: Ceasars Salad

Posted 6:21 AM by Mezhal Ulao in Labels: , , ,
I love a good salad and what surprised me the most today was that I found out that a lot of my officemates didn't know how to make a basic Ceasar Salad. So for their benefit I have prepared a pretty simple and easy recipe to follow. Cool thing about this recipe is you can add a lot of other things with it according to your taste.

Classic Caesar Salad
Serves 4 - 6 (depending on the size of the plates)
INGREDIENTS

* 2 head Romaine, washed, dried, and outer leaves discarded
* 3/4 cup garlic flavored olive oil
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
* 1 large lemon, halved
* 6-8 drops Worcestershire Sauce
* 2 Coddled Eggs
* 1/4 cup Imported Parmesan Cheese, grated
* 1 cup garlic croutons


PREP WORK

Wash, dry and discard the lettuce. That's it. Now put it all together.
HOW TO MAKE AT HOME

Place Romaine in a large salad bowl and assemble all the ingredients on a tray tableside. Pour about 1/2 cup of the garlic flavored olive oil over the Romaine. Toss gently using a rolling motion. Add salt and pepper and toss lightly.

Squeeze lemon juice-you should have about 2 1/2 ounces-over the salad and add the Worcestershire sauce. Break eggs over the salad. Add the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Add the cheese and toss again until the leaves are well coated.

Add the croutons last and toss slightly. Arrange individual leaves on a dinner plate, stem side out, the easier to eat with the fingers as Caesar Cardini intended. Serve immediately.

This recipe will serve 4 to 6 depending on the serving plate size.

Here is a video version of this recipe for you to try by a very cool chef ;)


Bookmark and Share
Photobucket
Free Rice

5 comment(s) to... “Food Friday on Empty Streets: Ceasars Salad”

5 comments:

redkathy said...

I so enjoy your Food Friday post! Caesar salad is definitely a favorite.



Monica said...

opps! I also didn't know how to make a basic Ceasar Salad, Metz!! :-P



Empty Streets said...

Hi redkathy,

aww that made my day today :) It is because of readers like you that I make sure that my articles are as delectable as possible :) especially since cooking is my passion too hehehe :)

Hope you have a great week ahead deary :) will be zipping to your side of world to see what you have cooking over there ;) xoxo



Empty Streets said...

aww Monica that is so cute hehehe :) you aren't alone all of the girls in my office said the same thing hehehe weird thing is that all the men knew how to make it hahaha, guess we truly live in a topsy turvey world hahahaha :) but I love it :) Hope this article has helped you out a lot though hehehe :) Have a great week ahead :) xoxo



Louise | Brochure Printing said...

Don't be so shocked. A lot of people like eating Ceasar Salad but only a few can actually make it. I like it myself, but I can only eat it too! LOL!
Thanks for sharing the recipe. Hopefully I can make my own salad from now on. :D



Post a Comment

Your comment is what keeps me going :)

Ratified.org Philippines
Page Ranking ToolSubmit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Share on Facebook Personal - Top Blogs Philippines LinkX Web Directory
Related Posts with Thumbnails