Food Friday on Empty Streets: Tuna Sandwich

Posted 8:46 AM by Mezhal Ulao in Labels: , , ,
Since am on a very strict diet as I am trying to loose weight, I have been cutting down on carbs and one way is to prepare delicious Tuna Sandwiches. Not only is this recipe very healthy for the heart, but it is also a piece of cake to make :)

Here is how:

Ingredients

* 1 (6 ounce) can of tuna fish (if packed in water, drain it, and add a teaspoon of good quality olive oil)
* 1/3 cup of cottage cheese
* 2 Tablespoons of mayonaise
* 1/4 purple onion, chopped finely
* 1 celery stalk, chopped finely
* 1 Tablespoon of capers
* Juice of half of a lemon
* Pinch or two of dill
* 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
* 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
* (optional - lettuce and sliced tomatoes)
* Slices of French bread, lightly toasted

Procedure:

Mix all of the ingredients.

Serve on toast, either open faced, or in a regular sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes.

For a low carb option, serve on sliced lettuce.

Here is a cool video variation on how to make this delightfully healthy and tasty treat:


Bookmark and Share
Photobucket
Free Rice

6 comment(s) to... “Food Friday on Empty Streets: Tuna Sandwich”

6 comments:

Mariuca said...

Metz on a diet it seems he he, good luck to you! :)



Mariuca said...

The tuna sandwich sure looks yummy Metz. I think if I make this recipe, I won't feel like I'm on a diet..it sounds too yummy and filled with lotsa good stuff! Thanks for the recipe. :)



Liza said...

I just had a tuna sandwich last night. Yum!

Thank God Storm Ondoy is gone, I hope you're alright. :)

Have a great week ahead.

A Simple Life
Moms... Check Nyo
Mommmy's Little Corner
Yummy-as-can-be



Modern Mom said...

Hi Metz! This is yummy. :)



Empty Streets said...

aww am so happy that you guys loved this hehehe and yes marzie you are right I am on a diet heheeh and am hoping to loose more pounds :) xoxo



Elise said...

Hi there,
While I am delighted that you like my recipe well enough to write about it on your own site, I would appreciate that if you do so you 1) provide a working link back to the source recipe on my site (http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/tuna_salad_sandwich/) and that 2) you write the recipe in your own words.
Thank you so much for your consideration.
Elise Bauer
Simply Recipes



Post a Comment

Your comment is what keeps me going :)

Ratified.org Philippines
Page Ranking ToolSubmit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Share on Facebook Personal - Top Blogs Philippines LinkX Web Directory
Related Posts with Thumbnails